Lord Byron on his deathbed as depicted by Joseph-Denis Odevaere c.1826
Miscellaneous Observations #2
* God is merciful and puts small poems in my head to sing me thru an impossible existence.
* After a point the bright dance I do to deflect attention from who I am fools even me.
* Living past a certain point is an obscenity.
*Even short jabs are proving too long to cut thru to the one shining truth. I’m just a hair’s breath from silence.
*God said let there be light and there was. But how long will it last?
* Now I’m writing God poems. Will I have a death-bed conversion?
* I admire youth’s brief flash of invincibility.